BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Almost lost this one...But, alas, it is found...Enjoy!

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged.  I think sometimes I feel like I'm just way too boring to expect anyone ~ even myself ~ to be interested.  Even tho I sometimes feel boring, I am certainly not bored!  My little maniac has me chasing after him all day long!  When I'm not chasing him I'm looking up new recipes, trying desperately to figure out some new healthy food for him.  Since the banana muffins I've sort of slowed down.  I made another batch of lentil soup and homemade hummus, but, those are old news now!  This week I am going to try a recipe for Blueberry muffins:

Aunt Blanches Blueberry Muffins

Aunt Blanch is not my Aunt, but I will let you all know how they turn out, whomever's Aunt she is.  I plan on following the advise of one of the comments and use wheat flour, applesauce instead of butter and lower the sugar a bunch.  This way I will feel comfortable giving them to Dominick.

I am currently soaking some black beans and will cook them in the slow cooker overnight.  AND I made a whole bunch of homemade applesauce today, also for the baby, of course.  I don't seem to put nearly as much emphasis on my own healthy eating.  I really should tho, I am feeling very lethargic and just blah lately.  I am positive it is because of my junk food diet.  One of these days I will break out my "Slim in 6" dvd that I bought almost 4 years ago! haha, that sucker may even still be wrapped in the plastic.  Ah, one of these days, one of these days.  For now, I may not be at my healthiest, but I am absolutely at my happiest.  Dominick has brought me more love and happiness than I ever could have imagined.  He is such an amazing little guy, with his own personality, and he surprises me every day with his sense of humor and wide eyed exploration of his world.  As much as I know I was loved as a child, I just can't help but wonder if anyone ever marveled over me, adored, loved and cherished me anywhere near as much as I do Dominick.  I mean, it's a silly thought I guess.  My Mama always made me feel loved, even though she had her flaws and "sickness".  Still, knowing that my parents were well along on their journey into addiction by the time I came along is on my mind a lot lately.  I wish I could take a peek at a day in my life as a 1 year old.  Was there anyone there chasing me around the couch, just to see my face light up with laughter?  Was anyone taking time to find out what makes me giggle? What my favorite animals were?  The more I type, the more I realize, yes, there was.  If not my parents, my big brother was there.  He was 7 when I was 1.  I know in my heart HE was there, watching over me, caring for me, loving and adoring me.  So, thank you Eddie.  I love you for that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...So sweet. I always have been and always will be there for you!! From the day you were born I've tried to protect you. I remember changing your diapers, feeding you and worrying if you were okay when I went to do the laundry. And that was all when I was 7. You've grown into such an amazing person and Mother, that all I can feel is proud of all the hard work I put in. LOL All of my love Sis, always.

lenaapple1974 said...

My Bin, you could NEVER bore me! Your words move me in ways you probably don't realize. You now live so far away, but when you blog, it brings me a little closer to you guys. I miss you terribly! I cannot wait for the day to walk off the plane and meet Dominick face to face! That day will come...sooner than later! 2011 is our year!
xoxo

Robin Lynn said...

Thanks Lena, that was nice. Made me cry even (one of those days) Can't wait for you to visit, don't forget to buy a seat for all your photography gear, I'm putting you to work!!!!

Jennifer said...

I think about that to. If my mother cherished me as much as I love Jacob. I guess because it's such a strong love you just have to wonder. My mother was great, but she was so young when she had me and my sister is only 13 months older than me. So I wonder if she was frustrated & overwhelmed and if she had a chance to really cherish us this way. IDK.

You have to PAN me on BAM the recipie for the muffins. I let Jacob try some muffins and he LOVED them, but I was afraid of the sugar content and what not so he only got a few bites.