BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

15 Month Check Up

Whether I want to accept it or not, my little baby isn't a little baby anymore.  We had our 15 month check up on Monday and the Dr says he is as big as a 2 year old :)  He weighed in at 26 lbs!  32.5 inches long.  He's a tall, healthy, smart boy!  The past 3 months since his last visit he gained 4 lbs.  I have a feeling he won't gain that much by or 18 month visit.  He's been getting a bit pickier than I'd care to admit.  I am having somewhat of a difficult time trying to get him to eat vegetables.  The only veggie he will eat with no problem is sweet potato.  Any other veggie has to be hidden.  I hide carrots, celery and onion in his turkey meatloaf "muffins" and in his lentil soup.  Other than that he refuses veggies.  :(  I bought a spaghetti squash that I am going to try to get him to eat, but I am more worried about his green veggies.  He will eat spinach when I make it with beans and pasta, but I don't make that dish very often.  Maybe I should make a big batch and leave it in the fridge so he at least gets some green in him.  It's frustrating, but we will figure it out.  He still eats just about every fruit available, and I keep a wide variety in the house at all times, so that makes me feel a little better, at least.

Aside from our food issues, my little honey is just the sweetest little guy ever.  His new thing to say is "I love you".  Which comes out more like Ah La La.  Every time he says it he gives this little smile like he is so proud of himself.  I absolutely love it.  Every time I tell him I love him I get a Ah La La back and it makes my heart smile!  I can't wait to see what his next word or phrase will be.

Well, the little monkey has decided to make Reggie's bed his own.  No Bueno.  Gotta run!

2 comments:

Mommy Tay said...

ey for some reason on your last post there wasn't a post comment button. weird. Anyway. I know what you mean about looking at him and feeling like he's a big boy already! Not that Ethan is walking yet. lol. I love it When Ethan says I love you too! His sounds like "ov ooo" haha. He always gives a kiss and then says it...or says ov ooo bye bye lol. It's nuts how fast these little guys are learning and changing!

Anonymous said...

Aww!! Glad the boy is growing strong and healthy! Can't wait to read more updates =)