BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Little Big Boy

I knew this day would come, when I would look at my baby and not see a baby anymore.  I believe today was that day.  Just picking him up this morning, I knew.  I swear he had grown at least an inch overnight.  He's so tall, his cheeks and face are getting more plump, he walks steadier ~ nearly running!  Today we were about to go upstairs for a nap and instead of crawling upstairs, he reached for my hand.  At first I was confused, but then he put his foot up and started walking up the stairs like a big boy.  Of course, it took us about 10 minutes to climb all the stairs, but the whole way I couldn't stop thinking "this is it, no more baby from here on out".  He is starting to make new sounds and experiment with them.  He knows just about every animal noise, where all his body parts (and mine) are, he feeds himself with a spoon, and now he walks up the stairs.  It's not only those little things that he does, it's also a feeling I get.  He is astonishingly aware of his surroundings, so observant and smart.  I can ask him to find me any object in the house and he knows exactly what I am talking about and where it is.  Tonight I said "can you say Mama, I love you" (I've been teaching him how to say I Love You and it comes out Ah La La) and he did it, he said Mama, Ah La La.  Okay, I cried.  I'm a sap, I know.  I just have never felt such love, such pride.  He is my sun and stars, without him I would whither. 

ANYWAY, I have been fiending to get back to my book, A Game of Thrones, since nap time.  I have 2 chapters left and the next book in the series waiting for me.  I'm addicted, it's awesome!!!