BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm back!!

Well, physically anyway.  My body is here, but my heart is still in NY.  I am also exhausted beyond belief.  10 straight days of running around with a 10 month old is deserving of a vacation.  Hubby got to enjoy a 3 day conference in Scottsdale at a nice resort as soon as we got back.  Free food, free room (I only let him stay one of the three nights) ~ No Fair!
New York, besides being draining, was so much fun!! I'm so happy we stayed with my sister and her hubby.  Even on the days we were running around town we got to see them when we got home and in the morning.  They really are amazing Aunt & Uncle to Dominick! They spoil him beyond belief!  New clothes, new toys, new shoes, new iPOD!!!  The iPod is so we can "FaceTime" aka video chat.  I didn't even know what FaceTime was until last week. ha.  We've already used it twice and Dominick loves it!  It makes me happy that he gets to "see" Aunt Jaime, especially now that he just saw her for 10 days, he knows who she is.  Anyway, they were way too good to us while we were there and I will and do miss them greatly.  :(
Dominick turned 10 months old yesterday! I cannot believe it! Where has the past 10 months gone!?  He is starting to "walk" while holding our hands.  His new favorite thing is to climb the stairs.  I wish there were a better way to descibe it because "climb" doesn't do it justice.  It's more of a frantic, hysterical (laughing) rushing zoom up the stairs!  While it's quite adorable, it's equally scary!  Obviously we will be getting a gate this weekend.  I'm a bad Mama because I love to let him do it just for the entertainment! His little laugh and how he moves SO fast cracks me up.  He honestly gets up two flights faster than I do!!  I'll have to have Steve record it before we put a gate up! (Bad Mommy!)  Dominick also has been saying "Ma" "Ma" a lot.  I just wish he would say it when he is happy.  He only says it when he is upset and crying.  The best is now when he wakes up in the morning or in the night he calls "Maaa" "Maaa"  I love it!!  We're still working on clap hands, blowing kisses, touching nose/eyes/mouth.  I am enjoying every second with my little maniac monkey. I am still in awe that I get to be this amazing little person's Mommy.  What did I ever do to deserve such love and beauty?  He is a blessing to us and there is not a moment that passes that I am not eternally grateful.
OK, time to shove some food in my face before the monkey wakes up!

0 comments: